Monday, June 3, 2013

Where have I been?

I must confess that I lost sight of my goal.  The winter this year here in Alaska really got to me.  Almost 9 months of winter and the darkness makes you not want to do anything except sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep and.... yup you guessed it - SLEEP!  Summer is finally here and I've already started to get back on track with my "Running With A Purpose".  I haven't registered for any races or just for fun runs. As a matter of fact we are getting ready to move again. Colorado Springs!  I can't wait. 

Last two months I've been trying to average about 2 miles 4 days a week Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. In between on Tuesday and Thursday my husband has me do the following:

  • Treadmill - Run at 6mph for 5 mins
  • 5 min Planks and High Knee Jumps- Hold for 30 seconds then High Knee Jumps for 30 seconds (repeat a 4 more times)
  •  Treadmill - Run at 6mph for 5 mins
  • 5 min Planks and High Knee Jumps
  • Treadmill - Run at 6mph for 5 mins
  • 5 min Right Side Planks and Mountain Climbers - Hold on right side for 30 seconds then do mountain climbers for 30 seconds (repeat 4 more times)
  • Treadmill - Run at 6mph for 5 mins
  • 5 min Left Side Planks and Mountain Climbers - Hold on right side for 30 seconds then do mountain climbers for 30 seconds (repeat 4 more times)
  • End with 10 Push Ups
I prefer to run in the morning but due to my husbands schedule I usually go in the evenings.  Luckily the summers in Alaska are not extremely hot and there is plenty of day light evening around 9pm!

I tried something new by downloading classical music.  However, I try to find either upbeat selections or pieces that have been rearranged.  My latest favorite is Cello Suite No 1. - Bach by the Piano Guys.  Listening to that while running through the trails in the hills of Fairbanks was AMAZING!  So do some research and try it out.

The hubby has the day off tomorrow so I'm thinking that a 6am morning run would be fantastic especially since Vacation Bible School starts tomorrow evening. I have to share some of our decorating pictures - Kingdom Rock! This year our trick to making it cheap and easy as possible included buying large moving boxes from Home Depot - painting them to look like stones and stacking them on top of each other to create a tower. We also bought large foam boards too from Home Depot to help create some large walls for Epic Bible Adventures. Another trick/secret included buying plastic table covering rolls in various colors.  We went crazy with that stuff!

Happy Running Trails!











No comments:

Post a Comment