Monday, March 26, 2012

A Little Secret....

 I didn't want to run today since I've had a killer migraine and stuffy nose but Justin encouraged me to do it...

I know some will find this nerdy BUT I have to start every one of my runs with the "Run In" by the KU Marching Jayhawks Drumline. Then of course followed by all of the fight songs.  After all is said and done I switch over to my workout playlists with various artists.  There is just some thing so special about being a former KU Marching Jayhawk that I will never ever get out of my system.  (Oh the memories!)

I've had to go back to week 3 and redo it.  Last week was a killer for me.  My personal trainer (who is very knowledgeable and great at his job) has been pushing me to do better in my training sessions.  Some times I feel like I'm back in the Army at basic training just not with the yelling.  :)  Loving all of it even the soreness.  However, last Thursday I did something horrible to my left hamstring.  I could barely move let alone run on Friday or Saturday. 

So since I missed two days of running last week I decided to start back and retry week 3.  The running gets easier each time. In the past I've really focused on the timing rather than how far.  This time around I'm focusing on the distance.  The sun has been shining a lot and today the temps were already in the 30's.  The snow/ice is already melting (slowly).  I can't wait for it all to be gone so I can start running outside. Last summer here in Alaska, was just beautiful!  I'm so stinkin' excited to be back outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment